Junior machine learning/deep-learning engineer
Deep-learning is an emerging technological and scientific field which has already disrupted the markets and the research communities across multiple disciplines, showing great potential. Deeplab (deeplab.ai) is a self-funded start-up based in Greece, both in Athens and Heraklion/Crete, working in artificial intelligence, machine learning and especially deep-learning.
At Deeplab we envision to bridge the gap between research and industrial applications. We conduct state-of-the-art research and apply deep learning solutions to a variety of challenging real-life problems. We deal with fundamental research fields in the state-of-the-art of deep-learning as related to machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing and with industrial-level applications in complex production systems such as recommendation systems, ad-fraud detection, finance, retail, e-commerce and others as well as research projects in the related underlying fields. We cultivate a fusion of the academic research culture with the fresh and agile features of a young and enthusiastic startup mindset. We have industrial partners and customers worldwide while developing collaborations with affiliated academic institutions.
This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting fast growing AI & deep-learning startup: We seek young, outstanding, and enthusiastic candidates with an exceptional record to join our team. We seek self-motivated graduates, who share with us the passion for challenging problem-solving applied to tough industrial and research problems. We are also glad to support collaborations and internships, as joint research/industrial training and PhDs with research or academic institutions. You’ll find yourself in a fast growing AI company building tremendous opportunities to further develop yourself and Deeplab.
- Challenging problem solving
- Developing machine learning/deep learning algorithms and systems
- Data analysis and experimentation with large scale/real datasets
- M.Eng. or B.S (Electrical & Comp. Eng., CS, or related) with experience on implementing machine learning systems.
- Self-motivated exceptional undergrads with foreseen graduation date are also welcome.
- Solid knowledge of machine learning fundamentals.
- Hands on experience with the implementation of a machine learning algorithms and systems in areas such as computer vision, natural language processing, speech recognition or other related.
- Experience in Python, plus at least another language such as: Java, C/C++.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks.
Good to have
- 1+ years performing data analysis on real-world data.
- Experience with the theory and implementation of a machine learning algorithm/system in areas such as computer vision, natural language processing, speech recognition or other related.
- Experience in Tensorflow.
- Flexible working hours, cozy and inspiring working environment.
- Working in high-end tech, state-of-the-art research and have an impact in real-word applications.
- Collaborate with the brightest research/ML engineers in partnerships/customers around the world.
- Competitive salary.
Athens or Heraklion Crete, Greece